DO NOT GIVE TO ANIMALS WITH THYROID PROBLEMS UNLESS UNDER VETERINARY SUPERVISION
Dosage Guide – For Dental Hygiene
- Cats and Small Dogs (up to 10kg) – 1/16 to 1/8 teaspoon daily (1 to 2 pinches daily)
- Medium Dogs (10kg to 25kg) – 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon daily
- Large Dogs (25kg to 50kg) – ¼ to ½ teaspoon daily
- Giant Dogs (50kg+) – ½ to 1 teaspoon daily
Dosage Guide – For Nutritional Supplementation
- Cats – 1/8 teaspoon daily
- Small Dogs – ¼ teaspoon daily
- Medium Dogs – ½ teaspoon daily
- Large Dogs – 1 teaspoon daily
- Giant Dogs – 2 teaspoons daily
To give Simply Seaweed to your pet, simply sprinkle onto or mix in with their food. If you cook their food add Simply Seaweed in afterwards, immediately before serving.
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Simply Seaweed is available in three container sizes.
- Small 40g
- Large 200g
- Bulk 1.5kg Available for special order, please use our Order Form
Product weight is net quantity (doesn’t include the weight of the container)
The containers are made in Australia, food safe, BPA free, tamper evident and recyclable
Can Ascophyllum nodosum be safely given to pregnant and nursing animals?
No. Ascophyllum nodosum has yet to be tested on pregnant and nursing animals.
How long until results become noticeable?
Whilst most pet owners see an improvement within a few weeks, results will vary depending on severity and dosage and may take up to 12 weeks to become noticeable.
Is Ascophyllum nodosum harmful to my garden or the environment?
No. Residual product excreted by animals is not harmful to gardens, nor is the seaweed damaging to the environment if introduced into waterways.
My pet does not like the taste… any suggestions?
In our experience, dogs are not usually bothered by the product being added to their food. Cats, however, can sometimes be a bit fussy.
- Reduce the dosage
- Start by introducing a very small quantity of the product, gradually increasing the amount up to the recommended dosage
- Hide the Ascophyllum nodosum in a small amount of lactose free yoghurt, chicken stock, gravy, margarine or peanut butter
- For cats, try mixing the Ascophyllum nodosum with Brewer’s Yeast before adding to the cat’s food
Why must I consult my veterinarian before using this product if my pet has thyroid problems?
Seaweed is naturally high in iodine, a mineral which affects the thyroid. Seek veterinary advice beforehand if you would like to give your animal Ascophyllum nodosum.
Can my pet eat seaweed if they are allergic to seafood?
As seaweed is the natural habitat of many fish and shellfish, there may be traces of marine life in any seaweed product. If your pet has a serious fish or shellfish allergy, they should not be allowed to consume any seaweed products including Simply Seaweed. Pets that are intolerant of seaweed or algae derivatives should also refrain from consuming seaweed products including Simply Seaweed.
It is important to understand the difference between a food intolerance and a food allergy. Whilst they can share many clinical signs, food intolerances are usually less severe and limited to digestive issues. An intolerance is a chemical reaction that occurs within the body, whereas an allergy is an immune system response. A serious allergy can affect the nervous system and result in a life threatening situation.
Does Simply Seaweed come with a measuring scoop?No. We do not including a plastic measuring scoop in every container of Simply Seaweed for the benefit of our environment. Instead, we recommend using standard kitchen measuring spoons.
Does Simply Seaweed contain any additives or preservatives?
No. The product is 100% pure certified organic Ascophyllum nodosum.
Where is Simply Seaweed made?
Simply Seaweed’s Ascophyllum nodosum is harvested in Canada and packed in Australia. The containers are made in Australia, food safe, BPA free, tamper evident and recyclable.