What is a Snuffle Mat?
- A Snuffle Mat is a mental enrichment puzzle for your dog.
- Snuffling or foraging is a normal instinct that all dogs have. Your dog (or cat) will have to use their nose to ‘sniff out’ where you have left the food.
- Mental exercise is equally important for you dog as physical exercise.
How do they work?
- Snuffle mats work best if you give them a good shake before use, allowing the fleece to stand up on end.
- You simply sprinkle your dog’s dry food or dry treats over the mat.
- Wave your hand over the top to allow the treats to sink into the fleece. And then let your dog snuffle!
Why is it good for my dog?
- It is a fantastic way to provide mental stimulation and prevent boredom and destructive behaviours.
- Sniffing is also a calming action for dogs. This can be a great tool to help provide a calm and positive environment for excitable dogs.
- It is also an effective way of slowing down fast eaters, which is much healthier for your dog!
- They are great for dogs on restricted physical exercise due to illness, injury or age.
- Also, they are very handy on those rainy days, when play is restricted to inside.
Why choose a PittaPatta Snuffle Mat?
- Each of our mats are handmade and fully customizable.
- They are made with high quality rubber mats and top-grade fleece.
- Each piece of fleece is cut to the perfect length and hand tied with a double knot to maximise the perfect snuffling environment which is safe for your dog.
- Mats cannot be machined washed. Best method is to hand wash fleece, rinsing well and leave out to dry.
- As always, your dog should be supervised when using any enrichment toy. Do not allow your dog to chew the fleece or mat.
Get your Snuffle Mat Today!
30th May 2017